Specialist II, Neurosurgery
Job ID: 2021-17991
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Aesculap, Inc., a B. Braun company, is part of a 180-year-old global organization focused on meeting the needs of an ever-changing healthcare community. Through close collaboration with its customers, Aesculap provides advanced technologies for general surgery, neurosurgery and closure technologies. Aesculap continues a proud heritage of leadership and responsiveness as we strive to deliver products and services that improve the quality of patients' lives.
Responsible for contributing to the Company's strategic objectives of revenue growth, market leadership and quality customer service through the sale of Aesculap products to targeted accounts, and the development of new customers in assigned territory. Aids in exceeding established sales objectives. Represent Aesculap in providing clinical support to include troubleshooting and follow up with Hospital and Clinics. Works closely with customer in Operating Room (OR) during procedures. Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties:
- Calls on current customers and prospects; provides technical, marketing, and administrative product information and demonstrations; quotes appropriate customer prices using online quoting system.
- Particular focus on both contracted and noncontract accounts performing Neuro and or Spine surgery, spending approximately 80% of work time meeting with them - usually in a hospital operating room setting.
- Represent Aesculap during surgical procedures by ensuring access to all necessary equipment and products required for the case, device selection, programming, implantation, and testing of all device systems.
- Requires hand on demonstration and detailed in-servicing to ensure product use per Manufacturer's IFU.
- Providing technical product information for the best therapeutic outcome for patient.
- Effectively explain advanced characteristics and features of Aesculap Neuro products to Operating Room staff & Surgeon.
- Distinguished by additional specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth, as well as record of success in sales.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Work closely with customers in OR setting during medical procedures, flexible schedule to meet customer needs
- Understand hospital buying process for implantable devices, including Capital Budget planning, Value Analysis department, and physician preference decisions.
- Provide clinical support in surgeries, troubleshooting, and follow ups in hospitals and clinics
- Responds to customer needs, requirements and problems in accordance with Company policy, acts as liaison between customer and Neuro Business Unit, Customer Service, and Credit departments at Aesculap.
- Remains informed of new products and other general information of interest, communicates that information to customers in order to better support the clinical outcomes for patients; monitors and gathers information on competitive activity.
- Strong ability to develop relationships with surgeons, hospital staff, and other appropriate personnel within Target accounts.
- Schedule and conduct personalized sales demonstrations to the Surgeon; operating room staff; and sterile processing within assigned territory
- Educate and train physicians; hospital personnel; and office staff on technical matters relating to our products
- Build trust with target key opinion leaders.
- Maintains account records and reports activities and submits as required by the Company.
- Manages and submits sales expenses in accordance with budget and company policy.
- Monitors, gathers, and submits information on competitor activity to manager.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Effectively manages personal sales sample inventory and ensure Setworld product is returned in a timely manner per company SOP.
- Attends training sessions as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
- Must comply with applicable ISO and FDA regulations as stated in Quality Manual
- Must embody the Company's Vision, Mission and Values
- Other duties may be assigned
Secondary or peripheral job functions:
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally by air and car, and work occasional weekends. Must possess a valid government issued driver's license and passport. Requires excellent written and interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills in Windows, Lotus e-mail, Excel, Power Point, and word processing desirable.
- This position requires the handling of instruments that may have been contaminated by blood or other bodily fluids. In compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, Aesculap will provide a safe working environment for all employees.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
- B.A./B.S. required; preferably in business/marketing or biological/physiological sciences.
- At minimum two years of previous sales experience, in the healthcare or business to business setting.
- Account management skills, which include problem solving, customer relations, and budgeting activities.
- Knowledge of the Operating Room environment preferred
- Well-developed Consultative sales approach as must for success in this role
- Established key relationships within the OR environment
- Experience in conducting presentation of complex statistical and clinical data to surgeons and health executives with preference in the neurosurgery market
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with and between customer key decision makers (Neurosurgeon, Neuro PAs, Nurse Practitioners and C Suite personnel)
- Understanding of cranial anatomy preferred.
Language and mathematical skills; reasoning
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to define problems, collect date, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in
mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com..
Through its "Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :